Residency open call for artists based in GEORGIA
Ria Keburia Foundation (Georgia) & Museumsquartier & Culture Department/Austrian Foreign Ministry (Austria)
Application Deadline: 1 April 2023
Residency time-slot: 1 September – 31 October 2023
Ria Keburia Foundation in cooperation with the Museumsquartier & Culture Department/Austrian Foreign Ministry, is announcing an open call for the Artists-in-Residence program at MuseumsQuartier in September-October 2023
The Ria Keburia Foundation, founded in 2018 by the Georgian patron of the arts Ria Keburia, aims to support development of the contemporary art scene in Georgia and the region of South Caucasus. One of the main goals of the Foundation is creating an ecosystem of international Artist-in-Residence programs and strengthening support and promotion of emerging and established Georgian artists.
The Artist-in-Residence program at Museumsquartier in Vienna supports contemporary art and strengthens the situation of its creators, especially in the region of Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe. MuseumsQuartier is one of the largest districts for contemporary art and culture in the world.
This opportunity is for an emerging or an established artist, based in Georgia, and offers a fully funded 8-weeks residency at MuseumsQuartier, Vienna, from 1 September till 31 October 2023.
The program is focused on enabling artists to develop new works, network, and interact with art professionals in Vienna. Curatorial support is provided throughout the residency. The residency is open to contemporary visual artists working in all disciplines. Applicants should have a moderate level of spoken English. Applicants should submit a project proposal, outlining his/her specific research interest and intention for the residency.
* Please note that only the successful artist will be notified by 1 May 2023. Due to the expected high number of applications, we are unable to provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
The Artist-in-Residence program offers:
● private studio/flat at MuseumsQuartier
● all visa costs covered and support during the visa application process
● 500 Euro reimbursement of the travel costs (artist receives the reimbursement in Vienna at the office of MuseumsQuartier)
● a monthly stipend of 1300 euro
● curatorial support
● public talk/presentation by the artist
● dinner with art professionals, dedicated to the artist
● a card which lets the artist join all art events on the campus of MuseumsQuartier
● once a month meeting/event with all artists in residence
We accept digital applications only. Application should include the following in ONE PDF file:
1. A cover sheet with name, contact address, e-mail and telephone number
2. A confirmation of availability from 1 September – 31 October 2023, if selected
3. An artist's statement describing practice and areas of interest (up to 500 words)
4. A minimum of 10 images (or equivalent extracts from videos, sound work, etc) of recent work, with captions and a short description
5. A CV/Resume
6. A statement plans during the possible residency (this proposal can change during the course of the residency)