Residency open call for artists based in GEORGIA!
Ria Keburia Foundation (Georgia) & @viafarini_org VIR Viafarini-in-Residence (Milan, Italy)
Application Deadline: 15 February 2024
Residency time-slot: 1 April - 30 April 2024
Send your full applications to email@example.com
Ria Keburia Foundation in collaboration with Viafarini, Milan, Italy is announcing an open call for the Artists-in-Residence program VIR Viafarini-in-residence in April 2024
VIR Viafarini-in-residence is a residency program open to artists, critics and curators interested in spending a period of research and work in Milan. VIR is a place open to dialogue between visual arts and other forms of expression and creative incubation, aiming at giving space to the artistic productions of the hosted artists and facilitating skills exchange and professional growth. At regular intervals, the doors of the shared studio, which can always be visited by appointment, are opened to the public on the occasion of the Viafarini Open Studio, for the presentation of the works produced during the stay. Meetings and talks are organized. The Residency program is hosted also in the nearby Viafarini Archive located at Fabbrica del Vapore creative hub, a 300 sq. meters documentation center with specialized library and artist portfolios.
This opportunity is for an emerging or an established artist, based in Georgia, and offers a fully funded 1 month residency at VIR Viafarini-in-Residence, Milan, Italy from 1 April till 30 April, 2024. Painters, ceramic artists, artists, working with textile, photographers, small scale sculptors are welcome to apply.
The program is focused on enabling artists to develop new works, network, and interact with art professionals in Italy. Applicants should have a moderate level of spoken English. Applicants should submit a project proposal, outlining his/her specific research interest and intention for the residency.
* Please note that only the successful artist will be notified by 1 March 2024. Due to the expected high number of applications, we are unable to respond individually or provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
The Artist-in-Residence program offers:
● private room at VIR Viafarini-in-Residence
● studio space
● Economy flight round trip from the artist's home city in Georgia to Milan
● public talk
We accept digital applications only. Application should include the following in ONE PDF file and sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. A cover sheet with name, contact address, e-mail and telephone number
2. A confirmation of availability from 1 April till 30 April, 2024, if selected
3. An artist's statement describing practice and areas of interest (up to 500 words)
4. A minimum of 10 images (or equivalent extracts from videos, sound work, etc) of recent work, with captions and a short description
5. A CV/Resume
6. A statement plans during the possible residency (this proposal can change during the course of the residency)