Ria Keburia Gallery is excited to invite international art students to participate in the Artist-in-Residence program. Ria Keburia Gallery that is a cultural hub for art, installation and new connections in the region, is aimed at promoting and enhancing contemporary art, supporting the artistic development and focusing on stimulating the creative process.
The Ria Keburia Artist in Residence Program provides students with an opportunity to create, while living in the Ambassadoriresort, located in the historical winemaking region of Georgia – Kakheti and its picturesque village Kachreti. During the 3 weeks of the residency, the artists will have the opportunity to focus on their work, connect with other artists, to create and visit art exhibitions in Tbilisi, and interact with local art scene. Their works will be showcased in the "exhibition space" with the artists collective of 2019.
Located in a calm and magical countryside, far from all urban confusion, Ria Keburia Residency with its unique and supportive environment offers creative individuals space, time and the resources to experiment. Work in progress can be displayed in the selected space, where the artists, resort guests and the local community have an opportunity to provide quick feedback on artists' work.
- Period of residence: Open dates
- Length: 3 weeks
- Application Deadline: 30th of November
- Who: Students of all ages and nationalities, focused on art practice, curatorial work.
- Disciplines: Animation, Dance, Design, Fashion, Video, Installation, Land Art, Performance, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, Textile.
- Location: Kachreti, Georgia - 47 miles from Tbilisi Airport.
- Cost: Contact us directly for an additional information.
*Tickets not included
Students interested in participating should download application form, answer the questions, and attach following files in one email:
- Portfolio and Curriculum Vitae
- A recommendation letter from your university/institute/school
- Add the contact information of one or two supporting family members.
- Write a motivation letter how a Ria Keburia residency will make a difference to your practice.
- Describe your residency project plan. Be as specific, realistic and detailed as possible. Fill in art supplies you need for the work in the residence.
- Add details of any forthcoming projects (up-coming collaborations, exhibitions, publications, etc.) with details if partners involved.
- Add Images and Urls (url's in case of video or projects) of your works. The title of the images must contain your surname and title of the project/work and year. For example: Jack Johnson-title2019-01.jpg
NOTE: It is important to mention the dates for the residency (duration no less than 3 weeks). Apply at least 1 week before the start of the residency. An advisory committee of Ria Keburia Residency will evaluate applications and take into consideration the following parameters:
- Artistic quality;
- Relevance of the project;
- Motivation of the candidate.
Save the application form as .PDF and send it with all documents mentioned above to firstname.lastname@example.org. After applying a student will receive a confirmation letter, details about accommodation and the bank account information where 600€ have to be transferred beforehand.
Please download the application HERE